Re: [6pack] Removing Rheostat

To: "TR-6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Removing Rheostat
From: " " <lfm614@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:25:39 +0000
If you are trying to get the rheostat off to rework it, I am pretty sure you
will have to put the dash in the "in service" position which will require a few
steps. The rheo is mounted via a nut on to a metal bracket which has screws
holding it to the back of the wood dash.

You can pull the wires off the top with needle nose through the ash try and
connect them all together to bypass the rheo for the brightest lights. If you
want to re-do the rheo, the best bet is to go 6-PACK.ORG and search for "in
service + dash" & "rheostat rebuild". You should be able to find the
instructions with pictures and links to owner's websites who have done it and
documented it.  Too much to include here.

Lou