Re: [6pack] Removing Rheostat

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, ken@azkiwis.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Removing Rheostat
From: shewfamily@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:18:38 -0400
Ken,
It might work to try heat, very carefully applied.? We all know that at times
heating up a metal part will allow the metal to expand and the part come free.?
I would take a blow dryer (probably not a heat gun) and try heating up the knob
to see if you can get it to move.? The other option would be to take two small
pieces of wood and use them as a fulcrum on either side of the knob.? Try
doubling some masking tape to stick the wooden pieces at the right distance
from the knob on each side so that you don't have to hold them and the screw
drivers at the same time.? Using a piece of wood a quarter inch square and
about 2 inches long will spread the load so the dash will not be dented or
scratched.? By carefully prying on each side at the same time and with the same
load, you might be able to work the knob off.
Good luck.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Birmingham, AL