[6pack] Foreboding brake fluid leak -servo rebuild needed?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Foreboding brake fluid leak -servo rebuild needed?
From: Pete Kronberg <pete_kronberg@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,

My '6 has been sitting all winter. I happened to notice that the rear well of
the MC was very low, and I topped it off. Now, some 3 weeks later, after
checking it daily, it is once again empty, seemingly overnight.

Very wet between the MC and the servo. In past years/cars, I have gone out and
worked the brake pedal periodically to keep seals lubed and to avoid
shrinking. Didn't do it this year.

What's the likely culprit? Can I avoid a time-consuming, and painful MC/Servo
rebuild, do you suppose? Everything was dry and tight when I put her to bed
last October...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the subject.