Re: [6pack] TR6 - Frozen rear brakes

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 - Frozen rear brakes
From: "Corbitt, Michael" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:33:27 -0700
Oh Noble One of Great Insight and Wisdom (Vance),

She sort of knows about it.  The purchase of a project car can be a
delicate dance that has some defined steps.

1.  You make her aware of the car
2.  You tell her you're thinking of buying it with your buddy, Berry.
3.  You let her know you are buying it
4.  She says, "Oh just do whatever you want"
5.  You listen only to the words and not the inflection in her voice
6.  She sees the entry in the check book
7.  She has to transfer money from savings to cover the check (strategic
error on my part)
8.  She sees the tow truck backing down the driveway with car in tow
9.  She makes an appropriate observation
10. You listen only to the words and not the inflection in her voice
11. You go out to the shop, pop a beer and life is good

I just got the word this morning that we just completed step 7.

At the moment, the car doesn't start.  It hasn't run for the 10 plus
years.  We were able to turn the engine over by hand, but the starter
solenoid seems to be sticking.  I was thinking about tying a tow rope to
it and perhaps trying to drag it a little to free the brakes up.

Mike