Re: [6pack] TR6 - Frozen rear brakes

To: "Corbitt, Michael" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 - Frozen rear brakes
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:28:10 -0700
        Mike:

        Does your wife know you are bringing another TR6 home? (Honeeeeey! I'm
back,
and look what followed me home...")

        I would imagine that the process is similar to unsticking a clutch
plate. For
the clutch, bumping the starter motor a few times (clutch pedal depressed,
parking brake set, car in 4th gear) seems to be pretty reliable.
        So for the rear brakes, I would say release the parking brake, put the
tranny
in first, let out the clutch, take your foot off the brake pedal, then bump
the starter a few times. If that doesn't work, put it in reverse (lower
gearing in reverse) and repeat. I gotta believe they will pop loose with just
a bit of effort.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom