Re: [6pack] TR6 - Frozen rear brakes

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 - Frozen rear brakes
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:05:27 -0700
Vance's ideas are good, but may be overlooking the fact that the car
hasn't run for ten years.  Mike may have to do quite a few other
things to it, just to get the engine to turn over, or to bump the
starter, etc.  For now, he just wants to get it out of there.   I
think it's safe to assume that the shoes are stuck because the owner
had the E-brake on for the duration.  To fix it on one of my cars, I
had to lube all the cable linkage from the handbrake to the levers on
the wheel cylinders, and work everything by hand a bit to get them to
move, allowing the shoes to relax (release handbrake handle of course, too).

--Glenn/San Diego
74x3