[6pack] VTR 2008 Update and a Flame for Darryll Floyd!!

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: [6pack] VTR 2008 Update and a Flame for Darryll Floyd!!
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:00:59 -0400
As a VTR member for almost 20 years and attending a number of these
conventions I have to comment on my and my wifes experiences with this
particular convention.
So far a good experience, the Detroit Club has been very accommodating.
The events have been well planned out but they could have contacted
local VTR members that are from the area for more information.

The reason I belong to the VTR is that I have a fondness for the mark
and have a barn full of these cars that have been restored or need
restoration.
What really irritates me (pisses me off) is the arrogance of some members.

I must comment that the FOT beer swap that Marty Sukey planned went
extremely well. I and a few others brought some local and home brew that
crowd enjoyed. I would suggest this should be a regular event at the
triumph gatherings. So good plan Marty it was a pleasure meeting another
FOT member and home brewer.

What really irritated us was the arrogance of one particular VTR member
Daryl Floyd. After sucking down on the ( and mine) free beer, he had the
nerve after waiting in line for the chili dogs to say that the empty
table was all taken ( 16 seats and never full after that) and we
couldn't have a place to sit for  a moment to eat our dogs.  It's
disconcerting looking at a table with 14 empty chairs that is full
because someone says so. There were quite a few people eating on the
lawn due to the invisible attendants at this table.  After we left in
disgust the table  never did fill up. We wondered if there was some
cover charge for special VTR members. This sucks and we find it
personally offensive.

Our money, I assume, was printed on the same press as their's and we
should have had access to seating at this venue. I find it disgusting
behavior when individuals act in this manner.

If the goal of these events is to promote camaraderie and the Triumph
Mark I'm all for it.
If I have to put up with this B%%  S%%t. then I guess I'll by a Miata..

Sincerely Disgusted

Glenn Franco
3 TR6's. TR250, Spit Racer,  1500 Spit