Re: [6pack] reinstalling TR6 engine and transmission

To: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] reinstalling TR6 engine and transmission
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:15:13 +0000
If I have the engine and tranny out I would always install them together. It
is just so much easier than trying to install separately.
I used a 2 ton crane and an Oberg tilt lift and had a helper to aid with
steering the unit back into the engine bay but it went back in very smoothly.
I recommend the step ladder to reach the tilt lift bar unless you are 6ft 6
inches tall or greater and the slippers make it an overall comfortable
experience :-)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/Winter%202008%20Projects/DSC
_0004-1.jpg

The crane provides both up and down and fwd/back mobility, I have no
experience using a beam for this project but I know at least one person that
has this setup who will probably chime in shortly.

Stan