[6pack] reinstalling TR6 engine and transmission

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] reinstalling TR6 engine and transmission
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys,

I know this has to have been discussed previously, but I am interested in
experiences reinstalling a TR6 engine and transmission as a unit as compared to
individually. I removed them separately and used a floor engine hoist to remove
the engine.

I don't know if I would have tried this with the floor hoist, but I now have a
10' high steel I-beam with a 2-ton trolley and chain hoist in my garage (along
with the floor hoist).

It would seem to be easier to assemble the engine and transmission prior to
installation, but maybe it is very hard steering the "long lump" home.

Any experiences/opinions/advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

best,

doug