RE: [6pack] Engine Preluber

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, JHMDDS@aol.com,
Subject: RE: [6pack] Engine Preluber
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
  (snip)

  I'll throw this in purely as a point of marginally helpful information. The
local ambulance company uses pre-lubers on their vehicles. When making a cold
start they turn the key "ON" and let the prelube system start pushing oil
throughout motor for five seconds before turning over the motor. They do this
to ensure the motors will last a LONG time - as long as the rest of the
vehicle, which cost well over $100K.

  For our cars I agree with Vance. Spin on coversion with a good filter. I use
Purolator Pure One filters specified for a Ford Escort. These are the purple
filters and have the anti-drainback valve.

  Jim