Re: Weber DGV carbs

To: <samuelsma@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV carbs
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:44:29 -0600
I've run SU HS6's, ZS and Weber DGVs on my TR6.  I've had the DGV's for
about six years now and although they run well and don't require any
tinkering, I'm going back to the SUs.  It sounds like your temperature
compensators are the problem on your Zeniths.  As Bob L mentioned, make sure
the throttle shafts are in good shape and not hanging.  If you're not
comfortable doing the work, pull them off and send them to Joe Curto for
rebuilding if you want to stay with the ZS carbs.

Bob is right about the poor design of the manifold adapters on the DGVs as
they do rob power.  I don't really have a serious issue with the DGVs but
they make the car run more like a Chevy with a 4 barrel than a British
sports car with the quick throttle response of the sidedrafts.  I'm mainly
going back to the SU's because I simply prefer the way the engine runs with
the sidedrafts vs. down drafts.  If you really want some DGV's, email me off
list as I'm going to put them on eBay in about 2 weeks or so.

Terry Geiger
Florence, Alabama USA
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org
'74 Triumph TR6 * '63 Triumph Herald * '84 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel