Re: Gearbox extension housing question

To: mjb@autox.tea, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox extension housing question
From: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:42:00 -0500
Thank you for your help, but it still doesn't want to come off.  I removed
the speedo gear and it will still only move about 1/2".  I whacked it with a
rubber mallet a few times, but still no luck.  Should I just try beating the
hell out of it with my mallet, or may that damage something?  It seems like
it is trying to pull the mainshaft out with the housing.  Is this normal, or
is a bearing seized to the shaft.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Cary Henry