RE: Gearbox extension housing question

To: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gearbox extension housing question
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:54:33 -0800
        Cary:

        You are not forgetting anything, but there is a bearing pressed
onto the end of the tail shaft, and it will not just slip off!
        I used a 2 jaw gear puller. I looped some wire through the rear
housing mounts, and then put the gear puller nose on the tail shaft. I
hooked the jaws to the wire loops, and then tightened the gear puller.
The housing will slip right off.

        Vance