RE: Broken Clutch fork pin

To: John North <jnorth@novagate.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Broken Clutch fork pin
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:43:28 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
John,

Congratulations!

I also replaced the clutch shaft bushings.  I installed the new ones on the
inner
side of the bell housing and the old bushings turned 90 degrees toward the
outside
of the bellhousing.  The bushings are butted next to each other so there is more
bushing surface on the clutch shaft at the wear point.  The old bushings will
be worn oval also.
Use a 1/2 drive socket to knock out the old bushings.

Your Welcome,

Greg Perry