Re: Longer slave cylinder push rods - Recommendations?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Longer slave cylinder push rods - Recommendations?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:54:52 -0800
Bruce---The short story here is to save your money.

The TR six has an automatic takeup as play accumulates in the SC
pushrod, clevis pin, clutch operating shaft, fork arms and clutch disc
wear. It does no good to have a longer pushrod, as al this does is place
the SC piston farther back into the bore the first time the clutch is
engaged., which of course cancels out the longer rod length.
Some of the parts suppliers neglect to mention that this part is for the
earlier Triumph models.

There could be some benefit to fitttng a longer pushrod in the clutch
Master Cylnder, but it is better to correct the cause of the wear at the
clutch pedal linkage.

Dick

From: brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca(Bruce Simms

Good Morning Gents:
    I'll be doing a clutch job in a few months. I have the usual
symptons of a broken pin and maybe a bad throwout bearing. I've done the
research and followed the list for some time.
    The RF wants you to replace your slave cylinder push rod as
part of their recommended comprehensive clutch job.. Is only a $10 part.
I rebuilt my slave cylinder a few years ago.   Is there any merit in
going one step further in getting an adjustable push rod or a "long
throw" slave cylinder from someone such as BPNW?
    Thank you,
    Bruce Simms
  73 TR6