Longer slave cylinder push rods - Recommendations?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Longer slave cylinder push rods - Recommendations?
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:41:33 -0500 (EST)
Good Morning Gents:

  I'll be doing a clutch job in a few months. I have the usual symptons of a
broken pin and maybe a bad throwout bearing.  I've done the research and
followed the list for some time.

  The RF wants you to replace your slave cylinder push rod as part of their
recommended comprehensive clutch job..  Is only a $10 part.  I rebuilt my slave
cylinder a few years ago.   Is there any merit in going one step further in
getting an adjustable push rod or a "long throw" slave cylinder from someone
such as BPNW?

  Thank you,

  Bruce Simms
  73 TR6