Re: Miata Seats in a TR6

To: Grego Sanguinetti <grego@dsl-only.net>
Subject: Re: Miata Seats in a TR6
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:15:42 +0000

> Quoting emanteno@comcast.net:
>
> > from view. Also, my tonneau will not fit over the high seat backs.
> > IMHO, these are relatively small complaints, and in no way reduce my
> > happiness with the new seats. And I haven't even hooked up the
> > headrest speakers yet.
>
> Do you think the tonneau would fit the seats if they were down in
> the original position, i.e. Miata rails bolted directly to the floor?
I don't know, but another lister mentioned that he sits higher with the Miata
seats and he made brackets that used the Miata seat rails.

> I like driving with the tonneau half covered on cold fall mornings.

The tonneau might fit if the seats could be reclined more. My car has a street
roll bar which keeps them from going back as far as I would like. Since it is
only mounted in sheet metal and isn't a structural roll bar like I have in my
vintage race car, I'm going to remove it and then we'll see what happens with
the tonneau.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL