Re: Trickle Discharger

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trickle Discharger
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:41:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hey again list,

I changed out the regulator in the alternator today. That fixed the serious
current draw problem I had. 320mA is now down to 22mA or so. 22mA is still
higher than I'd like, but not enough for me to waste much time chasing around.

Just want everyone to know that changing the regulator in the alternator is not
a hard job. Worth giving it a shot if you know that's all your alternator
needs.

I choose poorly and took it to a shop and ended up doing most of the actual
work myself because the guy at the shop was something of a "character" --- not
sure how people like that stay in business. I recall just telling a guy on the
list recently to take his alternator to a local shop, well I still suggest
doing that. BUT if you get the 'feeling' that you should leave while you're
ahead RUN. Definitely a live and learn situation for me. OH WELL it's fixed
now...

Kendall
San Clemente, CA

> If we were to assume my 1976 is Ok it seems to be,,,,,, And that I did do a
> little checking around and was told that my 10.5ma draw was still good and
> up to 20
mA was high but ok for a Lucas.... Bob