OD Speedometer: Was Re: tr6 overdrive

To: <6parts@charter.net>
Subject: OD Speedometer: Was Re: tr6 overdrive
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:17:22 -0400
<snip>

After swapping the guts out, it turns out it must have come from an non O/D
car and it was reading about 20 miles off. ( I didn't realize the gear ratio
in the speedo's were different)  So I ended up taking the gear keeper off
the used one and put it in mine and now everything works as it should.

<snip>

Okay, this sounds familliar.  What happens to your odometer in this
situation?
When you say 20 mph off do you mean +20 or -20?

Is there a way to tell an OD speedometer from a non-OD speedometer?

John Cyg.