Re: anti run on valve

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anti run on valve
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:59:43 -0700
 Jim---The valves as said to work well. I understand they are now hard
to come by, but there is a place in England that sells something that
supposedly does the same thing as these valves. The mention of the
option is shown in Roger Williams Restoring....book. Looks simple enough
to fit it to the intake manifold. It is wired to open a large air intake
when the ignition key is shut off. That dilutes the air/fuel mix enough
to cause the engine to stop, plus vacuum drops to zero.
Installing either of these would only be worth the  effort if the
dieseling is frequent and annoying.
I haven't had any anti-run on valve in operation  for many years now,
and have never experienced the run-on, before or since. I do know the
early engines are more prone to this run-on, but then again, most don't
have the anti feature!
The best pump gas in my area is 91 octane.

Dick

Jim J. wrote:
Listers:
Vance's mentioning of the anti run on valve got me to wondering. My 72
(sans AROV) occasionally wants to diesel after shut off. I suspect that
the premium fuel I buy ain't always that "premium". The compression
ratio is stock 7.75:1. Is it wise and/or possible to consider
retrofitting an AROV to my older car?
There. That's my dumb question for the week!
Jim