Re: anti run on valve

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anti run on valve
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 23:23:23 -0700
Jay---I thik all of the factory installed anti-run on valves are as you
described. The aftermarket ones from England do the job another way.
Probably not as neatly.

Dick

Jay wrote:
The anti-run valves do work well, but the circuit is a bit different (at
least on my '73). The valve energizes when the ignition has been turned
off but there is still oil pressure (the valve is wired to the oil
pressure switch). This connects the vacuum system to the float chambers
of the carbs, stopping any further flow of gas. When the oil pressure
drops further, the valve de-energizes.
You would need the proper carbs with float bowl vents (which themselves
are operated by a small valve) to replicate the original setup.
Jay
'73 TR6