Re: anti run on valve

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Re: anti run on valve
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:52:50 -0700
The anti-run valves do work well, but the circuit is a bit different
(at least on my '73). The valve energizes when the ignition has been
turned off but there is still oil pressure (the valve is wired to the
oil pressure switch). This connects the vacuum system to the float
chambers of the carbs, stopping any further flow of gas. When the oil
pressure drops further, the valve de-energizes.

You would need the proper carbs with float bowl vents (which
themselves are operated by a small valve) to replicate the original
setup.

Jay
'73 TR6