RE: Air filter location for the fresh air intake.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Air filter location for the fresh air intake.
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:26:29 -0800
Don,

I love math, but when you're dealing with boost(or lack of it) you have to
add some other things.  Particularly important is the altitude you happen
to be at.  At sea level it may not be worth much but at 5000 feet(where I
live) ANY added air pressure is a big plus.

When making before/after comparisons you have to stay in the same relative
context.  That is either PSI or inches of water(i always thought it was
mercury) not compare one to another.  Look at the pressure in the filter
box before adding the ram induction and then after.  This will give the
"boost".

On another topic the concept of the funnel is to take a larger volume of
air and force it though the smaller hole simulating what the compressor on
the turbo does.  I doubt you can get much this way.  On the other hand
they put the air intakes on backwards, right at the base of the windshield
on race cars for a reason.

Steve