Re: Spin on Oil Filter

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spin on Oil Filter
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:40:43 -0500
Can't help with the removal of the can, but want to recommend that you use a
sharp awl to remove the old o-ring and fish around in the groove. Several
folks have mentioned a leak from this mating surface after installing a
spin-on. It is usually caused by one too many o-rings left in the groove.

Peter
'68 TR250 (still waiting for the TIG man)