Re: Moss electric fuel pump

To: jsnable@mac.com (Jay Snable)
Subject: Re: Moss electric fuel pump
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:01:12 -0800 (PST)
Jay---Hold off on trying to wire the electronic fuel pump ground wire to
the oil pressure switch. The Purolater (and other) pumps write that you
can and should do this, but I tested this installation instruction
advice, and I don't believe it can be done this way with the TR. Due to
the unique wiring of the TR in this area, the oil pressure switch is
closed when no oil pressure is sensed. Thus, grounding the pump to the
pressure switch would mean the pump would only run when the engine
isn't!

I'll ask DANMAS is there is a way to do this.

Sorry for not checking this out better  before posting.

Dick