Re: Moss electric fuel pump

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moss electric fuel pump
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:58:50 -0800
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I like the oil pressure switch idea - I
had thought about the cutoff issue after posting my first message. I also
wanted to mention why I was thinking of switching to electric - I sprung for
one of Richard's breather oil separators and it came with a nice fuel pump
blanking plate already threaded for the oil return. So for about $60 bucks, it
is looking favorable to making the switch as opposed to dropping the pan and
welding a fitting on it... I am looking forward to this addition as oil control
has been a problem since I put in roller rockers and the oil feed line. The
stock valve cover does ok since it has a baffle and some "steel wool" in front
of the vent pipe, but my alloy cover (which doesn't leak like the stock cover)
is a problem as the oil has a straight shot out. So it's always been a question
of whether I wanted oil on the engine or in the intake manifold...

Jay