Re: Frame interior rustproofing

To: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>, <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Frame interior rustproofing
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:08:07 -0600
 I agree with Shane, POWDER COAT, not that expensive and it will last. Just
make sure you cover all the threads, and places where you need metal to metal
fit. The stuff is thick and you will find it isn't too much fun to remove. If
you find that you've forgotten to cover a few areas, get a brillo type sanding
disc to remove the powder coat. Don't use a regular sanding disc, because it
will gum up.
  I ended up paying $300 to have everything sand blasted, frame, suspension,
top frame, anything that was painted black on the car, and the steel wheels.
Then $785 for all of it to be powder coated.
  Note if you sand blast the frame get it painted ASAP, it will start rusting
within 24 hours.

Richard Seaton