Re: Frame interior rust proofing

To: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>, <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Frame interior rust proofing
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:51:00 -0600
 For rust proofing I chose Zeibart(www.ziebart.com) to do mine. Of course I
had to blow all the sand, rat crap, acorns, and other stuff out.
  The reason I chose Zeibart was because the representative mentioned
something about a rust stabilizer could be sprayed first, then a waxy
substance, sounds like WaxOyl. It took two days since the stabilizer was used,
as it needed to dry before applying the waxy substance.  The total cost for
just the frame was $130. If you choose only the waxy substance I think you
could wait for it.
  FYI, I still plan to use WaxOyl latter down the road.
  An extra hole was rilled in the TA, to access the  box section.
  I would stay away from putting oil in the frame since it will drip for ages
on your driveway, but then again it will do that anyway, but from other
areas.

Richard Seaton