Frame interior rust proofing

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame interior rust proofing
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:25:26 -0500
List,

I've gone from a frame on to a frame off restoration of my TR250.

My frame is solid but scaly in places.

No one seems to talk about how to clean the frame interior or what to do
about it. I'm sure there is dust and dirt in it, but how to clean it
out, and what to use for rust prevention?

If I can't clean it out, then it would seem that I need something very
runny that will soak through the dust and dirt and get at the rust and
into all the corners. I don't come up with anything other spraying motor
oil into it, and I have accepted that I will have to reapply it every
year or so.

Any ideas where I could get some kind of wand several feet long that
would spray in a hemi-spherical pattern and that I could use to spray
motor oil into the frame interior?

Any other (better) ideas on how to treat the frame interior?

Thanks,

Don Malling