Re: Frame interior rust proofing

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Frame interior rust proofing
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:35:09 -0600
Don,

 Believe it or not I was able to turn mine up on its side and move it by
myself. It's easy for two people to pick it up. This ain't your daddy's Ford!!
  There are internal strengtheners behind the rear A frame mounts, right in
front of the cruciform. Unfortunately I've seen these up close and personal. I
shudder to think of it again, so thanks for the bad memories!!!
  There are plenty of holes made into the frame to get the air nozzle in, so
just keep blowing and try to get most of it out. There are so many holes I
don't think you will need to drill any.
  One place that really catches water is where the trailing arm connects to
the cruciform. There is no place for the water to go until it eats a hole
through the center section of the frame. You can see this on my web page,
http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&;
PhotoID=13
  Both of mine were rusted here, I can see the nightmares returning!!! Now
where was my shrink's number....

Richard Seaton