RE: Replacing front calipers with Wilwood Superlite II

To: "'Shane Ingate'" <hottr6@hotmail.com>, "'6 Pack'"
Subject: RE: Replacing front calipers with Wilwood Superlite II
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:20:30 -0500
Shane ,

I have seen people run spacers before; however don't you think there is
enough room in piston movement to allow for 1/8" offset? If not I would
use hardened washers with the same outside diameter as the caliper to
bracket footprint.
I know they will be heavier but I just bought all the parts for the
Toyota conversion. Here is a price breakdown.

2 used calipers for core trade in                 35.00
2 rebuilt calipers                                61.22
2 hardware kits                                    8.00
1 set of Carbotech Panther plus pads & shipping  142.00
1 misc. hardware for brake lines                   4.00
                                     Total       246.22

Because I have 3 Triumphs I decided to go with the cheaper setup. Also
this is the street car that has rear disc brakes and I am trying to
balance the braking system.
In my best guess the difference in pad surface area is Stock late model
(16pb) 5.7"sq. The Toyota pad 6.8" sq. A difference of approximately
1.1" sq. Also looks to be approximately .3" sq. over the Jaguar pad.

When I get them on I will let you how they work out.

Mike