TR6 pedal ratio, and TR250 "power bulge"

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 pedal ratio, and TR250 "power bulge"
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:26:05 -0500
All,

Does anyone know what the (brake/clutch) pedal ratio is on the TR6?  Please
correct we if I am wrong, but I figure that one of the reasons why we have a
brake booster is because of a poor pedal ratio.

I'm going to junk the pedal box and use one from Tilton or Wilwood, which
have a ratio of 5.7:1.  This will enable me to ditch the brake booster, and
have the front and rear brakes on independent circuits (I will use a balance
bar and proportioning valve).  Could it also reduce the clutch effort?  I've
already beefed up the sheet metal around where the pedal box goes, ready to
accept the after-market pedals.

On another note, if you would like to check out the early pictures of what
Rags' hood will look like with a TR250 "power bulge", check out
http://triumph.hottr6.com/Body.html.

Why do they call it a "power bulge"?  Is this some phallic reference to men
wearing 60s/70s tight pants?  Groovy, Baby!

Shane Ingate in Maryland