Re: Front Brake Woes

To: StuBeatty@aol.com, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Brake Woes
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:24:18 -0700
Stuart, I would suggest getting a short piece of brake line with the
correct fitting from a local supplier and connect one side directly to
the MC (should be your rearmost opening) and the other poking into a
clear bottle and have an assistant step on the brake.  If you get a good
stream of fluid when you press the brake pedal, the problem is likely to
be the line from the MC to the PDWA or from the PDWA to the tee fitting
on the chassis.  If not, you've got a problem with your MC.  If your MC
was rebuilt before, look carefully at the bore for signs of wear.
Luckily you are using silicone brake fluid, so you dont need to worry
too much about ruining your paint job.

John

Stuart wrote:>>
In answer to your question, the flex hoses were all replaced in 1998
with
braided hoses from Ted Schmacher. If the bleed nipples or lines were
clogged
with garbage then why would both of the front brakes bleed in excatly
the
same way? I have checked the lines and they are clear.
The way I see it, if there is a blockage then it must be in the lines
from
the MC to the PDWA. This is the only way that both sides would react the
same
way. If there is a blockage elsewhere then the sides would bleed
differently.