Front Brake Woes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Brake Woes
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:55:41 EST
About half a dozen years ago i replaced the master brake cylinder. I don't
recall any problems during the time of installation. However a couple of
years ago, after yet another over winter clutch repair the dash brake light
came on the first time I fired up the car in the spring. I checked all around
the brake system and everything seemed to be working fine. I left things
alone. The brakes worked fine. Last year I converted the hydraulic system to
silicone fluid so I replaced all the seals throughout the system. I centered
the piston in the PDWA. The light went out.

There were some strange things happening during the brake bleeding process.
The rear brakes bled properly and all the air bubbles came out. While
bleeding the front brakes, the fluid just dribbles out with every second pump
of the brake pedal and the dash light came on again. I have checked
everywhere for a leak that would allow air into the system and cannot find
anything. The pedal was firm so I drove the car cautiously for the balance of
the summer.

Is this problem something internal in the MC?

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly aappreciated before I try
another rebuild or buy a new MC.

Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine
Belleville Ontario