Re: TR250 Valence Paint

To: <britauto@ihpc.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Valence Paint
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:13:26 -0400
There is no doubt in my mind that the valence should be body color.

I hold in my hand a 1968 dealer brochure with a clear front view of a red
TR250 with the RED valence showing plainly.  All my 250's have also been
body color (although I have never been original owner).

It wouldn't surprise me if some dealers painted the valences on new cars if
they thought it looked better, so there could be debate. I will use my
brochure as evidence to back up my choice if challenged.

BTW the inner fender to upper valence bars are also body color.... I've seen
some people paint them black.

Jim