headers

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: headers
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:39:11 -0400
I picked up a used two piece header that so far has proved to be a  nitemare.
I was wondering if anyone was familar with it.
It was part of a stainless sport exhaust system. that  was parted out and I
picked it up the header since i had already had the sports exhaust, but with
regular manifold.
the weird thing about this header is that the 1st and 3rd tube don"t  come out
far enough and block putting the banana clamp  and nut on.
Since my intermediate pipe was different than what came with the header i had
the pipe cut & welded to the header.
The nut needs to be put on just as you put the header on; other wise with the
header  fully on, it blocks putting the nut on.  A very screwed up design.  At
the tampa show today I saw a couple of cars with the header from TRF.  That
design doesn't block putting the fastners on.
After messing with it till 3:00 this morning , I called it quits; got up this
morning and went ot the tampa show; Without those two nuts securing the header
and intake manifold the car sounded like it didn't have any exhaust system.
I have got to fix this before SE VTR
Al Salvatore
76tr6