Re: Differential re-install tips?

To: "'hfader@usa.net'" <hfader@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: Differential re-install tips?
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:56:57 -0600
Hugh, you may want to try dropping the exhaust system a little.  I was
able to get mine out the first time, but youre right it is a major
hassle to get it back in.  I have heard it is doable, but I wound up
lowering my exhaust system.  Then I found it it was not rusted together
and it came apart fairly easily.  So I just removed the muffler and it
went back in much easier, obviously.  If you do wind up removing it,
dont put any muffler cement on the pipes.  This will enable you to
remove them later, which I have done about 3 or 4 times in the last two
years!

Dont forget to report on what pinion seal you used and if the leak went
away.

John - 1976 TR6
Louisville CO

Hugh wrote:>
I've been wrestling with my TR6 differential for the last couple of
hours.
It doesn't seem to want to go into place. I have the standard exhaust
still
in place. It came out with a bit of effort, but not this bad. Any tips
on
how to get this back in place? I forget who, maybe Dave or Dick, said
they
had done this many times.