Re: Dash Knobs

To: "'randerson@postman.cfaluminum.com'"
Subject: Re: Dash Knobs
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:44:17 -0600
Ric, just to add to a previous reply.  If you have a newer TR6 with the
rotating wiper switch instead of the rocker switch, the shaft is made of
plastic hence they didnt use the spring lock.  Instead they put a dimple
on the shaft representing an interlocking mechanism but it will not push
in using the access hole in the knob.  To get it off you simply just
pull HARD.

John - 1976 TR6

Ric wrote:>
I just recieved  new carpet and interior kit for my TR6 from Moss.   I
plan
on completely redoing the interior including re-veneering the dash this
winter.   Winter here in Montana isn't too far off so nows a good time
seek advice on getting the knobs off the dash controls so that I can
pull
the dash panel.   I can't see where they are pinned like the door
handles
and was wondering if they screw off  or whether they pull off.   I've
gently
tried both methods with no results.