Re: brake upgrade

To: <GSFuqua1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: brake upgrade
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 09:37:19 -0400
Gary Fuqua wrote:

> Cross drilled & vented rotors with over size Alfins in the
> back.  Great combo with stainless steel lines.

I'm not sure that the Alfins (or 240Z) finned aluminum drums are oversized.
They fit with stock pads.  All they offer are light weight and cool looks.
The aluminum probably disperses heat more readily than the cast iron, so
they would presumably run cooler.

If you do pick up a set of used 240Z drums, remember that the hub-hole has
to be reamed to fit the TR6 hubs.  Just take a spare hub and the drums to
your friendly (competent) machinist.

Shane Ingate in Maryland