RE: Driving from Chicago to Cincinnatti

To: phil@opentext.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Driving from Chicago to Cincinnatti
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:11:26 -0400
Phil,

Ehhhh...the u-joints are probably just fine.
no clunks or vibration...no problem.
I had one go bad and it lasted quite some time before
I replaced it. Didn't break on me, but when I took it out
boy, it was rusted and stiff in one of the cups! I mentioned
a spare, but sometimes local places do not have them in stock
so i would not let that discourage you at all!

The manual dick mentioned is something that is an excellent thing to carry.
has all the information a mechanic could need! the wiring diagram in the
manual is a good thing to have. now, don't any of you
insert your comments about lucas and say something like the prince of
darkness...becuase i have either been real fortunate or lucas isn't actually
as bad as everyone thinks. why? because any little electrical
problem has been as simple as a burnt out bulb or cut wire! lucas
has been good for me!

cheers phil! i am sure the drive well be awesome!
we are all waiting to hear the report!

-james