Re: Driving from Chicago to Cincinnatti

To: phil@opentext.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving from Chicago to Cincinnatti
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:37:42 -0400
Hi,

Although I am not in your path to offer help along the way....
I have encouragement like everyone else and some tid bits....

Last spring I took the TR6 from Maryland (DC area) up through New England
(upper Maine) and back again. Highway and very back roads. The TR ran GREAT!
AWESOME trip. rain or shine.... it was heavenly.

Suggestions for good repair kit and general items-this is what i like to
have.
Distributor parts (many rotor, cap, and points)-don't forget the feeler
gauge for the points!
Motor Oil
Damper Oil (straight 20w for summer)
Clutch/brake fluid (proper DOT castrol brand-see past postings!)
Antifreeze
Radiator hose repair tape (pepboys will have it)
Some old spark plug wires to use as a back up.
Spare fuel filter (damn rust in the tank)
Flashlight w/fresh batteries
Spare bulbs
Flares
Gear oil
A spare u-joint or two never hurts to have handy
spare coil (if you are really fanatic like me!)
Emergency adjustable fan belt (pep boys sells them)
Spare fuel hoses (i told you i was a fanatic)
I even brought spare O-rings for the needles on my carbs!
Fuses
Electric kit
Tools
Tire changing stuff
That is about it!

The best thing i have ever done was kept spare Distributor parts.
ones from past tune-ups are fine.

Have a great trip!

James
'76 tr6