Suspension and Frame Update

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suspension and Frame Update
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:34:32 -0400
Finally took the frame from my 70 TR6 to be blasted and some weld repair done.
I am having them put the reinforcement plates on both the diff mounts and the
front suspension areas. I am going to put POR 15 on the outside and Waxoyl on
the inside unless somebody has a better plan.
I started the front suspension rebuild today and was trying to remove the stub
axle from the verticle link. The Bently book says to "remove nyloc nut and
washer and press out stub axle". Yea right. It sure didn't want to press out
for me. I was able to get a pretty good amount of torque on it with a set of
gear pullers and it only yeilded about 1/4 inch. Any words of wisdom on this
subject? Also, I was wondering what color the original parts of the suspension
were. I am assuming everything was black but I am not sure. I would appreciate
any help with this as well.
At least I am getting to the point where I will be able to start putting
everything back together soon! For me, that will be a great day!
Thanks for all your help in advance.

Dan H. Detweiler
'70 TR6 CC51639