RE: Wheel weights

To: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>, <6Pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheel weights
From: "Chris N. Shively" <b_cshively@cox-internet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:11:50 -0500
I had the same problem with my new Panasports.  The first ones that they
sold me didn't have the right offset.  So, when I turned the wheels to full
lock, the suspension arms would rub the inner weights off.  You didn't say
if your weights just came off or if you were turning at the time.  You can
check the clearance by turning the wheel to full lock and feel around the
rim.  You will need at least 1/4 inch because the wheel and suspension will
flex some when you drive it. I would check it turning the wheels both ways.

Chris Shively
69 TR6