Re: Superchargers and Lucas PI

To: "Bernard Robbins, NEC New Zealand Ltd" <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>,
Subject: Re: Superchargers and Lucas PI
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:09:26 -0400
> I have looked at this. Super charging will give a positive manifold
> pressure. As you know, the metering unit senses the manifold vacuum to
> adjust fuel delivery. The problem is the metering unit has no control over
> fuel delivery for a positive vacuum (i.e. the richest it is designed to go
> is 1 atmos).

Just a quickie here, Lee Janssen on the triumphs@autox list, is working on a
possible Turbo w/ PI.  His solution to the vacuum metering problem with the
PI setup so far has been to obtain extra vacuum from another source (like a
vacuum pump driven by the motor).  He's still early in the testing, but is
looking at using a Garret T3 if all works out well with his experiments with
the PI setup.

As an aside from this conversation does anyone have any sources on arguments
/ theories about using a throttle body injector EFI setup versus a multiport
injector EFI setup in conjunction with a supercharger?  My mind has been on
this recently... I can make arguments in favour of each, but was hoping for
a more expert analysis.

Cheers,

Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net
1974 Triumph TR6 Supercharged