Re: Superchargers and Lucas PI

To: triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Superchargers and Lucas PI
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:38:04 -0400
Hi All,
 Is it me or has everyone forgotten about the software end of this
equation. Mechanically you have two choices, fuel being drawn through
the intake on the supercharger or fuel being pushed in through the
manifold. The later can be configured with either a throttle body style
or ( I think would be the preferred method ) a fuel rail with port
injection.
 Installation Manual EM-3D Simple Digital Systems seems to have the
"Brain end" of the logistics, but by no means is this without a lot of
experimentation a head. There are several FI companies out there that
have R&D to adapt and create systems for many applications ( Kinsler,
Force ). I can't see why the TR6 intake manifold couldn't be machined to
accept injectors. If anyone is contemplating using a SC , be for warned
there is no room left between the SC & the inner fender. The possibility
is there but at what expense when the HD8 does so well. I'm not sure the
FI would be a good return on your investment but there's only one way to
find out!
--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6