Re: Has Anyone Installed Rimmer's Dual Sport Exhaust?

To: Don Clark <d@donclark.org>, 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Has Anyone Installed Rimmer's Dual Sport Exhaust?
From: Kendall Larsen <kjlarsen@puc.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:05:24 -0700
Don, I installed a system with the same configuration that you are dealing
with last week. However i got frustrated from the lack of quality
instructions and 'know-how' so I had a muffler shop install it for me. They
only charged me $50. So while it was more money spend... it was also done
that after noon. I installed the falcon stainless "sport" system, i
purchased it from moss.. using the standard manifold.
    In any case, he mounted the mufflers by drilling holes for the hangers
in the spare tire compartment roughly 6 inches from the rearmost wall and
about 4 inches from the side walls. I haven't had it on the lift to see what
exactly he did underneath but he said he had trouble getting the clamps to
"grab" the pipes so he tacked welded it together in addition to the clamps.
    As for being able to see through the mufflers i was thinking the same
thing you were when I unpacked it. It does sound good though. Yes it is
loud,  but not obnoxiously so. Quieter than I had imagined by looking at
those so called "silencers." Sounds LOTS better than the stock system if you
are into "hearing" your acceleration! I doubt you'll be dissapointed.
    Hope this was helpful. I was away from my computer for a few days so i
took a while responding. I can take digital pictures if they'd be helpful.
Not a problem to send at all. Wouldn't be able to send them till next sunday
however... Good luck!

Kendall Larsen
74.5 Raining in CA and its parked out side this week! :(