Re: Throw Out This Bearing?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Throw Out This Bearing?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:02:49 -0700 (PDT)
Replace the throwout bearing, and for God's sake don't use a standard
issue one again.  Order the landcruiser bearing, pre-pressed onto the
sleeve.  TRF supplies this part.  I went through about 6 of the
standard issue bearings a few years ago, and they all fell apart within
1000 miles.  Finally I put one of the "magic" bearings in.  Hasn't made
a sound in 15,000 miles.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6