Speedometer problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedometer problems
From: "Wiseman, Kevin [MMI/BOU]" <KEVINW@micromotion.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:17:17 -0500
Dear Readers,

I have a 76 TR with the service meter box between the speedometer and
transmission. My problem is that when I am driving 40mph my speedometer is
reading 70mph and at the same time registering additional unwanted mileage
on my odometer. When I come to a stop the speedometer needle will not drop
below 12mph. I have disconnected the short cable at the service box and spun
the male end clockwise and counter clockwise hoping to free it up but no
such luck. It will not drop any lower than 12mph. Any suggestions on a fix
or the name of someone who repairs speedometers would be appreciated.

Kevin Wiseman
Wilmington, NC