RE: Oil Pressure and Inner Drive Shafts Lube

To: <Timbo00000@aol.com>, "6packlist \(E-mail\)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure and Inner Drive Shafts Lube
From: "Phil Beckman" <phil@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:07:42 -0500
Years ago when I first put my car back on the road I had a similar problem.
At the time I found an an excellent article in one of the old 6-Pack
newsletters that describes how to replace all the bearings on the crankshaft
without having to remove the engine.  Bascially, you drop the oil pan and
replace bearing one at a time working from back to front on the crank.  It
took about a week of evenings and one good Saturday.  The end result, even
after 5 years of summer driving, is 70lb at startup, 50lb while cruising and
around 30lb at idle when the engine is really warm.

Thing is...I can't recall what issue of 6-Pack the article was in.

Phil Beckman
Libertyville, IL
'73