Oil Pressure and Inner Drive Shafts Lube

To: 6pack@autox.team.net (6packlist (E-mail))
Subject: Oil Pressure and Inner Drive Shafts Lube
From: Timbo00000@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 07:26:37 EDT
A couple questions, listers:
(1)My 72 TR6 starts up with oil pressure at the midpoint of the gauge (50),
but as I drive for about a half hour, it goes to 20.  I burn oil, and suspect
worn valve guides, but I wonder if something else is wrong and if it's safe
to drive at this pressure.

(2)While performing some periodic preventative maintenance, I attempted to
lubricate the rear drive shafts.  I did not see, nor could I feel any grease
fittings or a plug to screw in one.  Could a prior owner have replaced the
U-joints with a non-greasing type?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Tim
'72TR6
(Maybe headed for the Woodward Dream Cruise)